Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the country’s budget today, in which she made several important announcements related to farmers. She made many important announcements for the farmers while presenting the budget. She talked about promoting organic farming and chemical-free farming. Along with the assessment of the farmers’ field, drone technology will be used for nutrient and pesticide spraying.
She said that while protecting the Rabi and Kharif crops of the farmers in 2021-22, MSP of Rs 2.37 lakh crore will be transferred to the accounts of the farmers. Let us know what announcements were made in this budget for the farmers.
Announcement For Farmers
• Record shopping will be done at MSP. MSP of Rs 2.37 lakh crore will be transferred to the accounts of the farmers.
• 2023 declared as the year of coarse cereals(Fat grain).
• Government will work towards increasing the production of oilseeds to reduce imports.
• Government’s emphasis on organic farming. Farmers will get digital service.
• Emphasis on increasing irrigation, drinking water facilities.
• Chemical free and natural farming will be promoted throughout the country. There will be a focus on farmers’ land in 5 km wide corridors along the banks of river Ganga.
• Railways will develop efficient logistics for small farmers and enterprises.
• A ‘One Station, One Product’ scheme will be launched to increase the supply chain of local products.
• Agri University will be promoted.
• Drones will help in farming. Spraying of nutrients and pesticides will also be promoted through drones.
• The scheme will be started in PPP(public-private partnership) mode to increase the income of farmers
Clean Water In 80 Lakh Houses
60,000 houses in rural and urban areas will be identified as beneficiaries of PM Awas Yojana. The construction of 80 lakh houses will be completed for the beneficiaries of PM Awas Yojana in 2022-23. Apart from this, 3.8 crore houses will be connected to the Har Ghar Nal Se Jal Yojana. 60,000 crores have been released for this. The government has so far provided clean water to 5.5 crore houses under this scheme.